Sep 29, 2009

Mothering

Hi there Judy - as school holidays fast approach, I know I am going to go crazy at home with my four children.  Any suggestions for me?  Valerie, KZN, SA

Hi Valerie
There is only one way to survive the holidays - plan ahead.  Make out an itinerary so that every day your children will wake up with something new to do - a trip to a touch-farm, a trip on the train (if only to the next few stops and back), movies, DVD's, baking, taking friends out on a picnic, board games, etc.  My suggestion is that you take out an activity book from the library before you set up your holiday itinerary.
Stick to your itinerary and you will feel in control and have peace of mind.
Enjoy!
Judy



Hello Judy ~ I am a stay-at-home mother of a two year old and some days I feel I just cannot cope.  What can I do to improve my life and my two year old son's life?  Sandy, NJersey


Hello Sandy
The very best thing you can do for yourself is to give all your attention to your toddler.  Include him in household chores, keep chatting to him throughout the day and have set times for outdoor play, indoor play, bathing, napping, snacks and meals.  By dividing your day into set times, you will find it easier to cope.  Think about joining or starting up a play group.  Try to get enough mums involved so that your names will each come up only every other week.  For all those other blissful mornings some other mums will be taking care of your toddler in the morning.  Your toddler will be having a great time singing, playing with dough, etc., while you sit back at the hairdressers and enjoy a manicure.
Take care
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Asking Judy